2. In a bowl, beat butter and sugar until pale and creamy. Add golden syrup and egg yolk and beat until combined. Stir in flour, ginger, mixed spice and baking soda.
3. Turn out onto lightly floured surface and knead until smooth. Press dough into a disc and cover with plastic wrap and place in fridge for 30 mins.
4. Place egg white in a clean bowl and use an electric mixer to beat until soft peaks form. Gradually add icing sugar and beat until stiff peaks form.
5. Divide icing among as many bowls as the number of colors you plan on using to decorate your cookies. Add a few drops of food coloring to each icing to get your desired color. Place the bowls in the fridge.
6. Place dough between 2 sheets of baking paper and roll out until about 4mm thick. Use your cookie cutters to cut out shapes. Place on trays about 3cm apart.
7. Bake for 10 mins or until brown. Remove and transfer to cool on rack.
8. Place prepared icings in small plastic bags. Cut a small hole in a corner of each bag. Pipe icing over cookies to decorate.
Quick, easy and delicious. Bring in the Christmas cheer with these freshly baked biscuits. Combine loads of wishes, sprinkle with laughter, garnish with mistletoe and keep your cookies warm in our Tia Pakhi napkins crafted with love!